Monday, August 17, 2015

Front Page and Center......

Who would you put on the front page of your family album? Your mother, your wife, your grandmother?  I certainly don't think I would put myself front and center in my personal album. My album would be filled with pictures of important persons in my life. And I might be along side in some of those pictures.  That being said, we need to remember these are not selfies, not even snapshots.  These photographs should be classified as portraits. An appointment was made with the photographer.  You went to the studio.  You dressed with great care in  your finest apparel.  And as you shall see in many of the others, the backdrop was very carefully staged.

So who do we think this lovely lady might be?  This particular photograph was taken by J. Usher, Jr. Photographer, 702 Broad Street, Augusta, GA. His name can be found in the 1883 Augusta City Directory.


No comments:

Post a Comment